If you are a US Citizen planning to visit India, getting an eVisa is the easiest way to fasten your visa application process. E-Visa India (Indian Visa Online) is the most hassle free and time saving process where you can say goodbye to any visa related paperwork, long queues or frequent trips to any visa application office.
To make your visa application process simple and easy you can fulfil all your visa related requirements to India right from the comfort of your home. Indian Visa Online Application is a seamless, simple and convenient way to get the eVisa India (Indian Visa Online) without visiting Indian embassy. Another discussion of Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) is covered at this Indian Visa Application for US Citizens..
Indian eVisa (Indian Visa Online) is issued to foreign nationals only for the purpose of visiting a country for a specific period of time. If you are a US Citizen planning to visit India for a short term period you can easily apply for an eVisa to India. Indian Visa Application for US Citizens can be filled online. Read about Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) eligibility.
- attending any short term course/retreat in India,
- attending any private or public conference/seminar in India,
- sightseeing/casual visit to meet friends and relatives,
- any voluntary work not involving any monetary payment,
- medical treatment including any treatment under Indian systems of medicine.
As a US Citizen you must fill the other basic eligibility conditions as listed below in Indian Visa Application:
- Passport with at least six months of validity at the time of eVisa application,
- Must possess a return ticket or onward journey ticket when travelling to India with en eVisa,
- Must possess sufficient monetary amount when visiting India with an eVisa,
- Must possess a separate individual passport even in case of minors or children.
For more detailed eligibility conditions for India eVisa application check out the eligibility details for US citizens mentioned on the this website.
As a US Citizen you might want to visit India for a specific time period. Depending on the purpose of your visit from the US you will be granted a category specific visa. The purpose of your visit to India for a short term period may involve tourism, business, conference, medical, emergency etc.
- Indian e-tourist visa,
- Indian e-business visa,
- Indian eMedical Visa and Indian e-medical attendant visa,
- Indian e-conference visa, If you are planning to visit India using an eVisa India (India Visa Online) which would fall under the above categories, make sure to check necessary requirements for each category listed above.
Each of the e-visa categories for visiting India comes with its specific set of duration and eligibility for staying in India. As a US citizen depending on the purpose of your visit check the category wise conditions mentioned on our website.
Your eVisa application is an easy online process. For India eVisa application visit the website for Indian Visa Application that applied directly to Government of India. The application process is a simple four step process. To make your application process simple, keep all the necessary documents ready.
As a US citizen while applying for an Indian Visa Application (eVisa India) to India you would need,
- a copy of your passport page in a pdf format to upload on the India Visa Application portal.
- you would also need a scanned copy of your photo in jpg/jpeg format.
- If you cannot upload the photo the contact Indian Visa Application help desk.
As a US Citizen make sure that you have all the documents ready for an easy eVisa India Application process. Read here about Indian eVisa Online document requirements
- Apply for India Visa Application Online on this website
- Pay eVisa India application fee online using any of the payment methods listed on the website.
- Once you have easily paid the online eVisa application fee you will receive an Electronic travel authorization/ETA on your email. Make sure to check your registered email for the verification of your eVisa application to India.
- As a last step to your eVisa application for India, you would need to print the ETA document recieved through your email. Take the printed ETA document at the immigration checkpoint for authorisation at the time of travel and your eVisa will be stamped on your passport.
Make sure to check the authorized immigartion checkpoints in India through which you can travel using an eVisa. Only these immigration checkpoints listed on the on this website accept entry through eVisa. Your eVisa for India will only be applicable on these listed immigration checkpoints in India.
As a US citizen you might want to visit India for various purposes which may include tourism, visiting the near family members or relatives or any other purpose for short term visit to the country. Before arriving in India make sure to check the latest Coronavirus protocols published by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
For detailed information you must go through the following document of Ministry of Health and Family welfare, GOI. The notice dated October 20th,2021 includes the latest guidelines for all international travellers. The document includes all health related guidelines right from planning your trip to India to boarding, during travel and on arrival guidelines for international travellers arriving through sea/land ports.
Before arriving in India make sure to check any updated notice for international travellers on this website.
India eVisa is the easiest way to travel to India for a short period of time. Depending on the category of your eVisa, it might take anywhere from 2 to 15 days to process your eVisa request.
Your India eVisa can be based on any duration and is available in various categories with the payment of fixed price plus the service fee included which would depend on the time period and the purpose of your visit to India.
You can easily check the status of your Indian Visa Application through the registered email provided in your eVisa application form. You will be easily informed if your e-visa application is rejected or accepted through email within a period of 72 hours or more.
For further eVisa related inquiries you can contact eVisa helpdesk of Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) at [email protected]
Contact Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) Help Desk for further clarifications.