Restoration of India e-Visa
With immediate effect from 30.03.2021, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has restored India e-Visa facility for foreigners from 156 countries. The following categories of e-Visa has been restored:
- e-Business Visa: Who intend to visit India for the purposes of business
- e-Medical Visa: Who intend to visit India for medical reasons
- e-MedicalAttendant Visa: Who intend to visit India as attendants of an e-Medical Visa holder
- e-Visa facility is still not available to citizens of Canada, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia
India e-Visa was available to citizens of 171 countries before restrictions were announced in 2020. In October of 2020, India had restored all existing visas (except all types of e-Visas, tourist, and medical visas) enabling foreigners to come to India for business, conferences, employment, education, research and medical purposes, after availing regular visas from missions and embassies abroad. .
What is e-visa?
- An e-Visa is provided in following major categories — e-Tourist, e-Business, conference, e-Medical, and e-MedicalAttendant.
- Under the e-Visa programme, foreign nationals can apply online four days prior to travel.
- After the application is completed online along with payment, an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) is generated, which has to be presented at the immigration checkpost on arrival.
- Entry through e-Visas is allowed only at 28 designated international airports and five major seaports in India.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or India e-Visa,contact Indian Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.