What is the Medical eVisa to visit India?
By: Tiasha Chatterjee
The online Medical visa to visit India is a system of electronic travel authorization that lets people from eligible countries come to India. With the Indian Medical visa, or what is known as the e-Medical visa, the holder can visit India to seek medical help or treatment.
Initially launched in October of 2014, the Medical eVisa to visit India was supposed to simplify the hectic process of obtaining a visa, and thus attract more visitors from foreign countries to the country.
The Indian government has issued an electronic travel authorisation or e-Visa system, wherein citizens from a list of 180 countries can visit India, without the need to get a physical stamp on their passports.
With the Indian Medical visa, or what is known as the e-Medical visa, the holder can visit India to seek medical help or treatment. Keep in mind that it is a short-term visa that is valid only for 60 days from the date of the visitor’s entry into the country. It is a triple entry visa, which denotes that the person can enter the country a maximum of 03 times within its span of validity.
From 2014 onwards, international visitors who wish to travel to India will no longer need to apply for an Indian visa, the traditional way, on paper. This has been greatly beneficial for international Medical since it took away the hassle that came with the Indian Visa Application procedure. The Indian Medical Visa can be obtained online with the help of an electronic format, instead of having to visit the Indian Embassy or consulate. Other than making the whole process easier, the Medical eVisa system is also the quickest way to visit India.
You require India e-Tourist Visa (eVisa India or Indian Visa Online) to witness the amazing places and experiences as a foreign tourist in India. Alternatively, you could be visiting India on a India e-Business Visa and want to do some recreation and sight-seeing in northern India and foothills of Himalayas. The Indian Immigration Authority encourages visitors to India to apply for Indian Visa Online (India e-Visa) rather than visiting Indian Consulate or Indian Embassy.
What are the countries eligible for the Indian Medical eVisa?
The countries eligible for the Indian Medical eVisa are as follows -
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Côte d’ivoire
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
Indian e-Visa requires an Ordinary Passport. Learn about every detail for your Passport to enter India for Tourist e-Visa India, Medical e-Visa India or Business e-Visa India. Every detail is covered here comprehensively. Learn more at Indian e-Visa Passport Requirements.
What are the countries not eligible for the Indian Medical eVisa?
The Indian Medical eVisa is not yet permitted for the citizens of the countries that are listed as follows. This is a temporary step that has been taken to ensure the security of the country, and citizens belonging to them are expected to be permitted into India again soon.
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
Discover some of the best kept scenic hill stations in Uttarakhand, which given their outstanding natural charm, are all set to become world class tourism destinations. Learn more at Must See Hill Stations in Uttarakhand, India
Eligibility to get an Indian Medical eVisa
In order to be eligible for the Indian Visa online, you will need the following -
● You need to be a citizen of the 165 countries that have been declared visa-free and eligible for the Indian eVisa.
● Your purpose of visit needs to be related to Medical purposes.
● You need to possess a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in the country. Your passport must have at least 2 blank pages.
● When you are applying for the Indian eVisa, the details that you provide must match the details that you have mentioned in your passport. Keep in mind that any discrepancy will lead to the denial of visa issuance or a delay in the process, issuance, and ultimately on your entry to India.
● You will need to enter the country only through the government authorized Immigration Check Posts, which include the 28 airports and 5 seaports.
Indian Visa On Arrival is a new electronic visa which allows the potential visitors to apply only for the Visa without a visit to Indian Embassy. Indian Tourist Visa, Indian Business Visa and Indian Medical Visa are now available online. Learn more at Indian Visa On Arrival
What is the process to apply for an Indian Medical eVisa?
To begin the Indian Medical eVisa process online, you will need to keep the following documents handy -
● You must have a scanned copy of the first page (biography) of your passport, which needs to be a standard passport. Keep in mind that the passport must remain valid for a span of at latest 6 months from the date of your entry in India, and in any other case, you will have to renew your passport.
● You must have a scanned copy of a recent passport-size color photo of only your face.
● You must have a functional email address.
● You must have a debit or a credit card to pay for your Indian Visa Application fees.
● You must have to possess a return ticket from your country. (Optional)
● You must be ready to show the documents that are required specifically for the kind of visa that you are applying for. (Optional)
You must have a letter from the hospital that you will be visiting in India handy. Along with that, you might also be subjected to questions regarding the hospital that you shall be visiting in the country.
The Indian Medical eVisa can be procured online, and for it, the applicant will have to pay a short sum, using any of the currencies of the 135 listed countries, via credit card, debit cards, or PayPal. The process is extremely quick and convenient, and you will only need to fill up an online application that will take a few minutes, and finish it off by choosing your preferred mode of online payment.
Once you have successfully submitted your online Indian Visa Application, the staff may ask for a copy of your passport or face photograph, which you can submit in a response to the email or upload directly to the online eVisa portal. The information can be sent directly to [email protected] Soon enough you will receive your Indian Medical eVisa by mail, which will let you enter India without any hassle. The whole process will take a maximum of 2 to 4 Medical days.
How Long Can I Stay In The Country With The Indian Medical eVisa?
The Indian Medical eVisa is a triple entry visa that grants its holder a stay duration of up to 60 days per stay, from the first day of entry into the country. Using one visa, you can enter the country for a maximum of 3 times. Eligible individuals can get a maximum of 2 visas in a single Medical year. If you wish to stay in the country for more than 60 days, you will need to apply for an Indian consular visa. Keep in mind that the Indian Medical eVisa is not extendable.
The Indian Medical eVisa holder will need to arrive in India using one of the 28 airports or 5 seaports that have been designated for this purpose. They can leave the country through the authorized Immigration Check Posts or ICPS in India. If you wish to enter the country through land or a port that has been designated fr the eVisa purpose, you need to visit an Indian embassy or consulate to get a visa.
Rajasthan tourism and Indian Railways have set into place a luxury train that brings together the past and the present. The Palace on Wheels lives up to its name - when you get on board the train, you are guaranteed to feel no less than royalty. Learn more at The Palace on Wheels: Tourist Guide Exploring Rajasthan
What are some key facts that you must know about the Indian eMedical Visa?
There are a few key points that every traveller must keep in mind if they wish to visit India with a Medical visa for India -
- The Indian eMedical Visa cannot be converted or extended, once issued.
- An individual can only apply for a maximum of 3 eMedical Visas within 1 calendar year.
- Applicants must have sufficient funds in their bank accounts that will support them throughout their stay in the country.
- Medicals must always carry a copy of their approved Indian eMedical Visa at all times during their stay in the country.
- At the time of applying itself, the applicant must be able to show a return or onward ticket.
- No matter what the age of the applicant is, they are required to possess a passport.
- Parents are not required to include their children in the application of their online eVisa to visit India.
- The passport of the applicant needs to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of their arrival in the country. The passport also needs to have at least 2 blank pages for the border control authorities to put in the entry and exit stamp during your time of visit.
- If you already hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports, you are not eligible to apply for the e-Medical visa for India.
The online tourist visa to visit India is a system of electronic travel authorization that lets people from eligible countries come to India. With the Indian tourist visa, or what is known as the e-Tourist visa, the holder can visit India for several tourism-related reasons. Learn more at What is the Tourist eVisa to visit India?
What can I do with the e-Medical visa for India?
The e-Medical visa for India is an electronic authorization system that has been created for foreigners who wish to come to India to seek short-term medical help and treatments. To be an eligible traveller to obtain this visa, you must be able to provide all the evidence that is required to apply for the Medical eVisa to visit India.
You can get this visa only if you are seeking active medical treatment in the country. Thus, it is important to possess a letter from the hospital where you will be getting the treatment. Keep in mind, you cannot use this visa to visit the protected areas in the country.
What are the things that I cannot do with the e-Medical visa for India?
As a foreigner visiting India with an e-Medical visa, you are not allowed to take part in any kind of “Tablighi work”. If you do so, you will be violating the visa norms and will have to pay a fine and even risk an entry ban in the future. Keep in mind that there is no limit to attending religious places or taking part in standard religious activities, but the visa norms prohibit you from lecturing about Tablighi Jamaat ideology, circulating pamphlets, and delivering speeches in religious places.
How long does it take to acquire my e-Medical visa for India?
If you wish to get your Medical visa to visit India in the quickest way possible, you should opt for the eVisa system. Although it is advised to apply at least 4 Medical days before your visit day, you can get your visa approved in 24 hours.
If the applicant provides all the required information and documents along with the application form, they can complete the whole process within a span of a few minutes. As soon as you have completed your eVisa application process, you will receive the eVisa by email. The whole process will be carried out completely online, and at no point in the process will you be required to visit the Indian consulate or embassy - the e-Medical visa for India is the quickest and easiest way to gain access to India for tourism purposes.
Puducherry, more commonly referred to as Pondicherry, is one among the seven Union Territories of India. It is an old French colony situated in the south-eastern part of the Indian Peninsula where the French world meets the sea life. Learn about Top places to visit in Pondicherry
Citizens of many countries including United States, France, Denmark, Germany, Spain, Italy are eligible for India e-Visa(Indian Visa Online). You can apply for the Indian e-Visa Online Application right here.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or India e-Visa,contact Indian Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.