Indian Visa Application Process
The Indian government has made the online Indian visa application process straightforward by providing an easy online option. Now you can receive your Indian e-visa by email. The Indian visa is no longer available in the only-paper format, which is quite a hassle as it requires you to visit your local Indian embassy or consulate to obtain a visa. If you want to visit India for tourism, business, or medical purposes, you can use an electronic Visa. The e-Visa for India is a cost-effective and quick option. Tourists can use the e-tourist variant, while business travelers can use the business e-visa variant. All electronic e-visas can be applied using the same online Indian visa application.
Now, the Government of India has made things more comfortable than ever by introducing electronic or e-visa for India, which can be applied online by following a straightforward procedure. It has made visiting India convenient for international travelers who only have to go through an easy online Indian visa application process to get an Indian e-visa. Whether the purpose of the visit is tourism, sightseeing, recreation, business, or medical treatment, the Indian visa application form is available online and is easy to fill out. By following simple instructions and guidelines, you can apply for the Indian e-visa online, right here. Indian online visas can be categorized as – Indian Business e-Visa, Indian Tourist e-Visa, Indian Medical e-Visa and Indian Medical Attendant e-Visa
Things To Consider Before Filling The Online Indian Visa Application Form
Before you fill out the Indian visa application form, you must understand the eligibility conditions for the Indian e-visa. You will only be able to apply for the Indian visa if you meet the following eligibility conditions:
- You must be a citizen of any of the 180 countries whose citizens are eligible for the Indian visa.
- You can only enter the country for tourism, medical, and business purposes.
- You can only enter through authorized immigration check posts, including 28 airports and FIVE seaports.
- It is imperative to meet the eligibility conditions specific to the kind of E Visa you are filing. It depends entirely on your purpose of visit.
- You should ensure that you have all the necessary documents and information while applying for the Indian e-visa.
- To know the Indian e-Visa (e-Visa India Online) photo requirements, click here.
Essential Documents for Applying Indian e-visa
Regardless of the kind of e-visa you are looking to obtain, you will need to provide soft copies of the following documents:
- A scanned copy of the first page of the passport. (The Passport must be standard and not a diplomatic or official one).
- The applicant’s passport must remain valid for a minimum of SIX months from the entry date. Otherwise, passport renewal is necessary. It should also contain two blank pages for immigration purposes.
- A copy of the applicant’s recent passport-sized colored photograph (only of the face), a valid email address, and a credit/debit card to pay the visa fee.
- Onward or return ticket
The Indian online Visa Application Process in Detail
Once you have collected all the necessary documents, you can apply for an Indian e-visa. It is advisable to file at least 4 to 7 days before the desired entry date as it takes 3 to 4 business days to accomplish the visa process. The entire process is online. And you need not go to the Indian embassy for any reason. Once you have acquired the visa, you can go to the airport or ship terminal to visit India. The Indian visa application process requires you to follow the following steps:
- You must fill out the Indian visa application Form online and submit it.
- You will need to provide information like – passport, personal, character, and past criminal offense details. Be sure that the details on your passport and the information you have provided in the application form are similar.
- You will have to upload a passport-sized photograph of your face which should be according to the specification provided by the Indian government. You can read the detailed specifications - here.
- After this, you must pay the visa fee using the currency of any of the 135 countries whose currencies are authorized by the Indian government. You can freely use a debit card, credit card, or PayPal to pay your application fee.
- After making the payment, you might be asked about details of your family, parents, and spouse. You will also have to provide additional information based on the purpose of your visit and the visa category you are applying.
- If you are applying for a tourist visa, you might have to provide proof of having sufficient money to fund your trip and stay in India.
- For the business Indian e-visa, you will require or provide a business card, email signature, website address, details of the Indian organization you will be visiting, and an invitation letter from the same organization.
- For a medical e-visa, you will have to provide authorization letters from the Indian hospital you are seeking your medical treatment and answer any questions regarding the hospital.
You will be provided with all the required information through a secure link to your email address mentioned in your online Indian visa application form. The decision on your visa application will be taken within 3 to 4 working days, and if accepted, you will get your e-visa through email. You will have to carry a printed copy of this e-visa with you to the airport. As you can see, the entire Indian visa application form and online Indian visa application process have become straightforward so that applicants don’t face any difficulties while applying for an Indian visa online. If you require further clarification on the e-visa, you can contact the Indian e-Visa Help Desk. Citizens of 180 plus nationalities are eligible to obtain an Indian e-visa.
Submitting an Indian e-visa can be effortlessly done through an online application form. Filling in the online form takes no more than 15 to 20 minutes. After filling in the required details in the online application form, you must pay the visa fee through a debit or credit card. You must upload documents like a passport, photograph, etc. almost all file formats are accepted. Your visa application is checked for errors. First, an expert will inspect the form for commonly made mistakes. Then it is confirmed whether the documents provided by you meet the requirements and match the details filled in the application form. If there is an error, you are informed instantly so that the application can be corrected and processed in time. Later, your visa application will be sent for further processing. Your Indian e-visa is generally granted in a week, in urgent cases, within 24 hours.