Indian Tourist Visa for Cruise ship passengers
For tourists who love to travel the world via cruise ship, India is becoming a popular new destination. Traveling via cruise ship allows you to see more of this scenic country than they could have seen any other way. With Indian e-Visa India Immigration Authority has made it very simple and easy for Cruise ship passengers to visit India.
Cruise Ships are family friendly, you can visit multiple destinations and unpack only once and enjoy many different beaches along the way. Government of India had simplified the immigration procedure for cruise ship travellers by providing an Electronic Travel Authority or Indian e-Visa. You can apply for Indian Visa Application Form by filling a simple online form.
Authorised Seaports for Indian e-Visa
There are 5 authorised seaports for cruise ship passengers holding Indian e-Visa. The cruise ship must leave from and only stops at a mixture of the following ports. Tourist on cruises that are stopping at any sea ports that is not listed below will need to apply for traditional paper visa to India. You will need to submit documents by mail and may be required to visit Indian Embassy / High Commission.
For more than 2 stops, India Tourist Visa for 1 year validity is Required
Keep in mind that each stop will involve an approval at the port by Indian Immigration Border staff before your entry with an Indian Online Visa (eVisa India). If your itinerary includes the cruise ship making more than 2 stops then in that case, 30 day Tourist e-Visa for India (Double entry Visa) is not valid and you must apply for a 1 year (multiple entry) e-Tourist Visa. Keep in mind that all stops must be an approved port of entry with an Indian e-Visa. Contact your cruise ship company regarding details around stops in India as it will save you a lot of hassle and headache. The tourists who want to visit the Indian through cruise ship and only stop at authorised seaports listed above should apply for an Indian Visa Online (eVisa India).
Tourists have the options to book India Visa Onlne prior to booking their slot for a cruise ship or after making a booking for cruise ship. Each cruise ship passenger will need to apply Indian e-Visa as there is no group e-Visa available.
The documents required are:
- A current passport with validity of six months from date of arrival
- A photograph or scan of personal biograph page of the passport. The information must be clearly visible. Indian Visa Passport Requirements must be met.
- Passport must be Ordinary and not Diplomatic or Official or Refugee passport.
- You need to provide a photograph of your face, like a photo taken from your mobile phone.
- Your photograph must clearly show your face without any obstructions Read about Indian Visa Photo Requirements and if you still have issues with your photo, email your photo to our staff at India Visa Help Desk and they will fix the photograph for you.
- A payment method like Debit or Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa), Union Pay, Paypal and so on.
- Details regarding your trip, personal information and contact details within your country.
- You are NOT required to visit Indian Embassy or any office of the Government of India.
Biometric Data Information
The Indian Immigration Authority captures biometric information from cruise ship passengers whenever they visit India. However, this method is somehow taking too long for cruise ship passengers, may of whom were missing out on seeing sights as a result of them standing in line. India is investing in upgrading the system that collects biometric data, so that they will move cruise ship passengers through the method that is quicker and faster and has suspended biometric collection through to New Year's Eve 2020.
Obtaining the correct Indian e-Visa for a cruise ship to India is straightforward and simple. You ought to ensure that your cruise ship will dock at an authorised sea port. It is safest to apply for 1 year India Tourist Visa. The one year Tourist Visa for India is a multiple entry visa.
India Tourist Visa for Cruise ship: Important Information for Passengers
- Passengers of the eligible countries should apply online a week prior to the date of arrival.
- Obtainable only on Ordinary Passport.
- The 1 year Indian e-Visa entitles you to up to sixty days stay in India.
- The electronic Visa is non-extendable and non-refundable.
- Biometric details of the individual are obligatory captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- Tourist Visa on Arrival once issued is non-convertible
- Indian e-Visa is not valid for visiting cantonment or Protected/Restricted or Army Areas
- The validity of 1 year Tourist Visa is from the date of issue .
- The validity of a 30 day Tourist Visa starts from the date of arrival and not the date of issue, unlike the 1 Year Tourist Visa
- You are recommended to apply for a 1 Year Tourist Visa instead of a 30 Day Tourist Visa
- Nationals of infectious disease affected countries should carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in India, otherwise, they'll be isolated for six days upon arrival in India.
- You will need to provide a scan or photograph of your face and initial page of passport
Make sure that you have checked the eligibility for your India e-Visa.
Apply for a Indian e-Visa 4-7 days in advance of your flight.