What is the Business eVisa to visit India?
By: Tiasha Chatterjee
The online Business visa to visit India is a system of electronic travel authorization that lets people from eligible countries come to India. With the Indian Business visa, or what is known as the e-Business visa, the holder can visit India for several business-related reasons.
Initially launched in October of 2014, the Business eVisa to visit India was supposed to simplify the hectic process of obtaining a visa, and thus attract more visitors from foreign countries to India.
The Indian government has issued an electronic travel authorisation or e-Visa system, wherein citizens from a list of 180 countries can visit India, without the need to get a physical stamp on their passports.
With the Indian business visa, or what is known as the e-business visa, the holder can visit India for several business-related reasons. Some of the reasons for which you can come to India with this type of visa include the following -
- To attend business meetings, such as sales meetings and technical meetings.
- To sell or buy goods and services in the country.
- To set up a business or industrial venture.
- To conduct tours.
- To deliver lectures.
- To recruit workers.
- To take part in trade or business fairs and exhibitions.
- To visit the country as an expert or specialist in a project.
- To participate in sports related activity.
From 2014 onwards, international visitors who wish to travel to India will no longer need to apply for an Indian visa, the traditional way, on paper. This has been greatly beneficial for international Business since it took away the hassle that came with the Indian Visa Application procedure. The Indian Business Visa can be obtained online with the help of an electronic format, instead of having to visit the Indian Embassy or consulate. Other than making the whole process easier, the Business eVisa system is also the quickest way to visit India.
The application window for the electronic visa system has been increased from 20 days to 120 days, meaning that foreign visitors can now apply for up to 120 days before their estimated arrival date in the country. As for business travellers, it is advisable that they apply for their business visas at least 4 days before their arrival date. Although most visas are processed within the span of 4 days, some cases may require a few more days due to complexities in the process or scheduled national holidays in India.
You require India e-Tourist Visa (eVisa India or Indian Visa Online) to witness the amazing places and experiences as a foreign tourist in India. Alternatively, you could be visiting India on a India e-Business Visa and want to do some recreation and sight-seeing in northern India and foothills of Himalayas. The Indian Immigration Authority encourages visitors to India to apply for Indian Visa Online (India e-Visa) rather than visiting Indian Consulate or Indian Embassy.
What are the countries eligible for the Indian Business eVisa?
The countries eligible for the Indian business eVisa are as follows -
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Côte d’ivoire
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
United States citizens also require an electronic Visa for India. e Visa for India has some conditions, privileges, requirements for different types like Tourist, Business and Medical e Visa for India. All details that you need to know are covered in this comprehensive guide for Indian Visa for US Citizens. Learn more at Indian Visa for US Citizens .
What are the countries not eligible for the Indian Business eVisa?
The Indian Business eVisa is not yet permitted for the citizens of the countries that are listed as follows. This is a temporary step that has been taken to ensure the security of the country, and citizens belonging to them are expected to be permitted into India again soon.
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
Nestled in the state of Rajasthan, city of Udaipur often known as the City of Lakes given its historic palaces and monuments built around natural as well as man-made water bodies, is a place often easily recalled as the Venice of the East. Learn more at Travel Guide to Udaipur India - The City of Lakes.
Eligibility to get an Indian Business eVisa
In order to be eligible for the Indian Visa online, you will need the following -
● You need to be a citizen of the 165 countries that have been declared visa-free and eligible for the Indian eVisa.
● Your purpose of visit needs to be related to business purposes.
● You need to possess a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in the country. Your passport must have at least 2 blank pages.
● When you are applying for the Indian eVisa, the details that you provide must match the details that you have mentioned in your passport. Keep in mind that any discrepancy will lead to the denial of visa issuance or a delay in the process, issuance, and ultimately on your entry to India.
● You will need to enter the country only through the government authorized Immigration Check Posts, which include the 28 airports and 5 seaports.
What is the process to apply for an Indian Business eVisa?
To begin the Indian Business eVisa process online, you will need to keep the following documents handy -
● You must have a scanned copy of the first page (biography) of your passport, which needs to be a standard passport. Keep in mind that the passport must remain valid for a span of at latest 6 months from the date of your entry in India, and in any other case, you will have to renew your passport.
● You must have a scanned copy of a recent passport-size color photo of only your face.
● You must have a functional email address.
● You must have a debit or a credit card to pay for your Indian Visa Application fees.
● You must have to possess a return ticket from your country. (Optional)
● You must be ready to show the documents that are required specifically for the kind of visa that you are applying for. (Optional)
The Indian Business eVisa can be procured online, and for it, the applicant will have to pay a short sum, using any of the currencies of the 135 listed countries, via credit card, debit cards, or PayPal. The process is extremely quick and convenient, and you will only need to fill up an online application that will take a few minutes and finish it off by choosing your preferred mode of online payment.
Once you have successfully submitted your online Indian Visa Application, the staff may ask for a copy of your passport or face photograph, which you can submit in a response to the email or upload directly to the online eVisa portal. The information can be sent directly to [email protected] Soon enough you will receive your Indian Business eVisa by mail, which will let you enter India without any hassle. The whole process will take a maximum of 2 to 4 business days.
Widely renowned all over the world for their majestic presence and stunning architecture, the palaces and forts in Rajasthan are a lasting testament to India’s rich heritage and culture. They are spread all through the land, and each one comes with its own set of unique history and marvelous grandeur. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Palaces and Forts in Rajasthan.
How Long Can I Stay in IndiaWith The Indian Business eVisa?
The Indian Business eVisa is a double entry visa that grants its holder a stay duration of up to 180 days per stay, from the first day of entry into the country. Eligible individuals can get a maximum of 2 visas in a single business year. If you wish to stay in the country for more than 180 days, you will need to apply for an Indian consular visa. Keep in mind that the Indian Business eVisa is not extendable.
The Indian Business eVisa holder will need to arrive in India using one of the 28 airports or 5 seaports that have been designated for this purpose. They can leave the country through the authorized Immigration Check Posts or ICPS in India. If you wish to enter the country through land or a port that has been designated fr the eVisa purpose, you need to visit an Indian embassy or consulate to get a visa.
An Urgent Indian Visa (eVisa India for urgency) is given to those outsiders who need to come to India on a crisis premise. Learn more at Urgent Indian Visa.
What are some key facts that you must know about the Indian eBusiness Visa?
There are a few key points that every traveller must keep in mind if they wish to visit India with their Business visa for India -
- The Indian eBsuiness Visa cannot be converted or extended, once issued.
- An individual can only apply for a maximum of 2 eBusiness Visas within 1 calendar year.
- Applicants must have sufficient funds in their bank accounts that will support them throughout their stay in the country.
- Visitors must always carry a copy of their approved Indian eBusiness Visa during their stay in the country.
- At the time of applying itself, the applicant must be able to show a return or onward ticket.
- The applicant is required to possess a passport.
- The passport of the applicant needs to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of their arrival in the country. The passport also needs to have at least 2 blank pages for the border control authorities to put in the entry and exit stamp during your time of visit.
- If you already hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports, you are not eligible to apply for the e-Business visa for India.
What can I do with the e-Business visa for India?
The e-Business visa for India is an electronic authorization system that has been created for foreigners who wish to come to India for business reasons. It may include the following -
1. To attend business meetings, such as sales meetings and technical meetings.
2. To sell or buy goods and services in the country.
3. To set up a business or industrial venture.
4. To conduct tours.
5. To deliver lectures for Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
6. To recruit workers.
7. To take part in trade or business fairs and exhibitions.
8. To visit the country as an expert or specialist in a project.
At the northernmost tip of India lie the tranquil cities of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh. Learn more at Best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir.
What are the things that I cannot do with the e-Business visa for India?
As a foreigner visiting India with an e-Business visa, you are not allowed to take part in any kind of “Tablighi work”. If you do so, you will be violating the visa norms and will have to pay a fine and even risk an entry ban in the future. Keep in mind that there is no limit to attending religious places or taking part in standard religious activities, but the visa norms prohibit you from lecturing about Tablighi Jamaat ideology, circulating pamphlets, and delivering speeches in religious places.
How long does it take to acquire my e-Business visa for India?
If you wish to get your business visa to visit India in the quickest way possible, you should opt for the eVisa system. Although it is advised to apply at least 4 business days before your visit day, you can get your visa approved in 24 hours.
If the applicant provides all the required information and documents along with the application form, they can complete the whole process within a span of a few minutes. As soon as you have completed your eVisa application process, you will receive the eVisa by email. The whole process will be carried out completely online, and at no point in the process will you be required to visit the Indian consulate or embassy - the e-Business visa for India is the quickest and easiest way to gain access to India for business purposes.
Citizens of many countries including United States, France, Denmark, Germany, Spain, Italy are eligible for India e-Visa(Indian Visa Online). You can apply for the Indian e-Visa Online Application right here.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or India e-Visa,contact Indian Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.