Indian eVisa For Citizens of United Kingdom
The residents of United Kingdom, just like the residents of other countries, must apply for an Indian electronic Visa for visiting India with multiple intentions like travel, work endeavors and ventures, medical assistance and much more. Each intention has a specific kind of Visa issued by the Government of India.
The Indian E-Visa was introduced to foreign travellers in 2014. This has led to a revolution of speedy and convenient methods of applying for a visa for travelling and staying in India.
The foreign travellers who aim at applying for this kind of Visa will not be asked to spend more than thirty minutes completing the entire procedure of application.
The time taken to process the Visa is also not more than four days with an exception for certain cases. Once the visa has been issued to the Irish applicant, they can travel to India and explore the huge number of tourist spots and attractions as they like. Various attractions which are worth seeing in India include:
- Universal heritage worship places
- Old markets and souks
- Widespread and green landscapes
- Attractive desert locations
- Spiritual healing centres and teaching institutes
- The Himalayas and much more.
You require India e-Tourist Visa (eVisa India or Indian Visa Online) to witness the amazing places and experiences as a foreign tourist in India. Alternatively, you could be visiting India on an India e-Business Visa and want to do some recreation and sightseeing in northern India and the foothills of the Himalayas. The Indian Immigration Authority encourages visitors to India to apply for Indian Visa Online (India e-Visa) rather than visiting Indian Consulate or Indian Embassy.
Do The Citizens of United Kingdom Need A Visa For Travelling To The Indian States
A visa is an essential document which plays the role of a valid permit to enter any country for various purposes and different lengths. Since the citizens of United Kingdom are included in the list of countries who are eligible for gaining an Indian Visa, they can also gain an Indian E-Visa which simply means an electronic visa or a digital Visa which can be gained on the internet.
Depending on the main purpose of a travellers visit, the Indian electronic Visas are divided into three categories which include:
- The Indian E-Visa for Tourists. This Visa is valid for one year. With this Visa, the Irish passport holders will be enabled to gain multiple entry in the country. Double entry is permitted on this Visa type. Upon each entry, the traveller will be enabled to stay in the country for ninety days at max.
- The Indian E-Visa for Medical patients. This Visa is valid for a period of sixty days. Before the Visa expires, the applicant is enabled to enter the country three times and seek the medical assistance they have aimed for before coming to the country.
- Along with the Indian E-Visa for medical patients, a special visa named Medical Attendant Visa is issued to those individuals who aim at accompanying the patient who holds the Indian Medical E-Visa.
- The Indian E-Visa for businesspersons. This Visa provides a validity of 365 days. Upon this Visa, the traveller can enjoy double entries in the country. Plus upon each entry, the traveller can enter and stay in the country for one eighty days continuously at one go!
Foreigners who must visit India on a crisis basis are granted an Emergency Indian Visa (eVisa for emergency). If you live outside of India and need to visit India for a crisis or urgent reason, such as the death of a family member or cherished one, coming to court for legal reasons, or your family member or a cherished one is suffering from a real illness, you can apply for an emergency India visa. Learn more at The Emergency Visa to Visit India.
All The Needful Documentation For Getting A Visa For Visiting India: The Documentation Required From The Irish Applicants
For getting a digital Visa for visiting India, each applicant has to compulsorily attach a couple of documents to the application questionnaire that they will fill on the internet. The Indian E-Visa requisites for the Irish applicants are as follows:
- A clear scanned image of the applicants' passport. Primarily, the passport copy should be of the biographical page of the applicants' passport. This page should compulsorily contain personal information about the applicant which includes: 1. The full name of the applicant. 2. The date of birth of the applicant. 3. The expiry date of their passport. 4. The nationally of the applicant. 5. A photograph of the applicant.
- One latest front-facing image of the applicant. This image should comply with certain requirements such as white backdrop, clear focus, etc.
- The passport of the applicant from United Kingdom. The applicant must make sure that their Irish passport has a remaining valid period of 6 months. This time will be calculated from the intended date of entry in the country.
- 02 blank pages in the Irish passport. These pages will be getting a stamp for entrance and exit at airport or seaport when they arrive and exit from the country between the period of validity.
- Credit card and debit card information. This will be needed for paying the charges of the Visa.
- A return flight ticket. Or an onward flight ticket if the traveller from United Kingdom decides to travel to another location from India.
- The Irish applicant should make sure that they are filling an email ID that they use everyday and not an address which is rarely used.
- The citizen of United Kingdom is required to submit evidence about sufficient funds. This will reflect that they are fit financially to stay in the country.
The virtual image which will be attached to the application questionnaire by the applicant must be made perfect by sticking to the following rules and regulations:
- The image should be crystal clear. Blur images may be rejected. The image should also be centred and the eyes of the applicant must be open in the image. Front view images are essential for an Indian E-Visa application.
- The backdrop should be clear white. Any other colour apart from white will not be entertained by the Indian authorities.
- The applicant should take care of the image guideline that the height and the width of the image should be equal.
- The image should strictly have no borders around it.
- The acceptable size of the image starts from ten KB. The maximum size should not exceed one MB.
- The image should be in the format of JPEG.
The scanned image of the biographical page of the passport should be attached in a PDF format. The minimum size of this file can be ten KBs. And the maximum size of this file should not be more than 300 KBs.
There might be a case in which the Irish passport holder is visiting India from a nation that was affected by the Yellow fever. Due to this, each applicant coming from affected counties will be asked to submit a Yellow Fever Vaccination certificate.
This submission highly depends on how recent the visit of the Irish applicant was in the affected countries.
If the travel was recent, then the applicant may be asked to quarantine themselves for six days upon arrival in India. It is recommended for the travellers to consult a medical specialist before they start their journey to India.
Northeast India is a perfect escapade for anyone who is searching for mesmerizing scenic beauty, and a tranquil landscape, added with a blend of quirky markets. Although all seven sisters share a certain resemblance with one another, each one of them is unique in its own individual way. Added to it is the cultural diversity of the seven states, which is truly impeccable. Learn more at The Hidden Gem of India – The Seven Sisters
What Is the Time Taken For The Indian E-Visa To Process And Get Delivered To The Irish Passport Holders
In general, the time taken for an Indian E-Visa of any time to process and get delivered to the applicant can range from two days to four days. Please note that these days are business or working days only.
National holidays and weekends will not be considered the same. Between these suggested number of days, the Irish passport holder can expect a result for their Indian E-Visa.
However, there may be an increase in the number of days taken for Visa procedures if certain situations like such takes place:
- If there are any errors made in the application form. Or if the applicant may have filled in any false information in their Visa application questionnaire, they may get a rejected Visa. This will lead them to re-apply for an Indian E-Visa which will take more time and effort than expected.
- Due to high demand of Indian E-Visa during vacation period or festival period, the applicant can expect a delay in the processing of their Visa.
The Irish passport holder must take a note that once the Visa gets rejected or cancelled, they will no longer be able to travel on that Visa. And they will have to apply for a brand new Visa by following all the above-mentioned guidelines, rules and regulations for the image, passport, etc.
The main causes for the Indian E-Visa cancellation can be:
- False information in the application form. Or mistakes made during filling the application questionnaire.
- The required documents may not be according to the requirements provided. Or not all documents are attached with the application form.
Once the Visa has been rejected and cancelled, the Visa fees or charges paid to the applicant will not be returned. To avoid such rejection or cancellation, the applicant should make sure that they have filled the form with utmost sincerity and the information mentioned in the application form is to the best of their knowledge.
Each citizen of United Kingdom applying for an Indian E-Visa should apply separately. This means that each traveller from United Kingdom will need to hold an individual visa for entering India. This requirement must be met regardless of if the Irish applicant is connected with a parent, guardian or a spouse.
Along with individual Visas and the Indian E-Visa being non-refundable, the Indian E-Visa is also non-extendible. This means that while the applicant is in India, they cannot extend their Visa under any circumstances. Thus, one must avoid overstaying at all costs.
India Immigration Authority has suspended issuance of 1 year and 5 years e-Tourist Visa from 2020 with advent of COVID19 pandemic. At the moment, India Immigration Authority only issues 30-day tourist India Visa Online. Read more to learn about durations of different visas and how to extend your stay in India. Learn more at Indian Visa Extension Options.
Apply For An Indian Electronic Visa From United Kingdom
The process of application for an Indian E-Visa can be easily and steadily done by an Irish passport holder in a few minutes. The entire application process which includes filling the application questionnaire, attaching essential documents, etc to getting an approved Visa can be done conveniently from the comfort of the applicant's house.
A lot of time and effort is saved when the applicant does not have to travel to an embassy and can fulfil the Visa procedures on a smart device of their choice with a simple internet connection. Moreover, the application form can be filled in no more than twenty minutes. Since the application form is pretty simple and straightforward, the applicant does not need to have high levels of understanding for the same.
Some of the most common questions asked in the application form are about the personal details of the applicants. Details such as name, DOB, nationality, passport expiration date, etc will be asked in the personal information section. Apart from that, simple questions about the applicants' travel plans will be asked.
The entire application form with attached documents should be kept ready one week before the planned trip to India so that the applicant is able to reach India at their intended time. Once the visa approval request reaches the Indian authorities, they will start the processing process. If the application form is filled with accurate and true information and if the documents attached are right, the Visa will be approved by the Indian authorities.
At many times, the Indian authorities may request the applicant to attach additional proof or evidence documents for completing the Visa approval and processing process.
These documents may be pertaining to the personal details provided in the application form. Or it may be regarding the Visa type they have chosen.
If the Visa is approved, then the Indian authorities will send the Visa digitally in the email inbox of the applicant. This Visa should then be converted into a hard copy form on a piece of paper as digital representation of the Visa on a device like mobile phone will not be allowed at the airport or any other entry port designated for the arrival and entrance of the Indian E-Visa holders.
Not only at the airport, but the applicant may have to show the Visa during their stay in India too for multiple purposes as they belong to a foreign country. That's why it is better to always keep the hard copy of the Visa during the entire stay in the country.
For the Indian E-Visa holders, there are twenty-nine airports in different states of India from which the Irish applicant can take entry in the country. The applicant will also be enabled to leave the country through the same checkpoints mentioned in their Visa.
The traveller is given complete liberty to choose the entry and exit checkpoints for entering India and for leaving India as well. But one must take note that once an entry and exit port is mentioned in their Visa, they will have to use the same ports for both purposes (entrance and exit from the country).
Though you can leave India by 4 different modes of travel viz. by air, by cruiseship, by train or by bus, only 2 modes of entry are valid when you enter the country on India e-Visa (India Visa Online ) by air and by cruise ship. Learn more at Airports and Seaports for Indian Visa
Indian Electronic Visa For Citizens Of United Kingdom Summary
Citizens of United Kingdom are enabled to comfortably apply for an Indian E-Visa and travel to the Indian states at their intended time through the medium of an electronic Visa for India. Since India is indeed a beautiful country worth exploring each part, Irish citizens are advised to gain an electronic Visa as it is a speedy and hassle-free medium of gaining a valid permit to travel and stay in India.
The application procedure and approval procedure is all done electronically and there is no need to keep any time for travelling to embassies and consulate offices for gaining an Indian E-Visa as the internet provides the entire facility of Indian E-Visa to the utmost comfort and convenience of the applicant.
Irish passport holders are given the benefit of applying for three kinds of Indian E-Visas and they must grab this opportunity to travel to India for multiple purposes like travel, medical assistance and hospitalization, business ventures, etc.
Citizens of many countries including United States, France, Denmark, Germany, Spain, Italy are eligible for India e-Visa(Indian Visa Online). You can apply for the Indian e-Visa Online Application right here.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or India e-Visa,contact Indian Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.